You can never be too silly! This DIY Printable Shrimp Hat for Kids is proof of that. We created this hat for the Houston Shrimp Festival, a free event that took place a few summers ago. It was a fun blend of family friendly outdoor fun.
This hat is perfect for kids that are fascinated with the ocean or under the sea. It’s perfect for kids who are really into kawaii. And it’s perfect for crawfish boils. And best of all it’s so easy to make.
Supplies to Make this Free Printable Shrimp Hat:
- Download the Hat Printable Here (print on card stock)
- Glue or Tape (or use a cool cutting technique)
Instructions to Make this Free Printable Shrimp Hat:
- Download the pdf here. The pdf downloadable is a big file so it will print beautifully! You can print it anytime and keep it forever. I printed mine on card stock with my HP Officejet which is perfect. You could also take this to a local coffee shop. The most important part is to print it on card stock.
- To make it, first cut around all of the orange pieces. You can leave a border around the shrimp at the top. That will leave you 3 pieces – a stripe with the shrimp and 2 stripe rectangles.
- Glue or tape the strips labeled “left” and “right” to the sides of the shrimp strip to make one long piece. Don’t have glue handy? No problem! Just make a paper hook. Cut a slit along the dotted line but leave 1/3 of the dotted line uncut and intact. Now make a similar slit but in the opposite direction along the edges of the shrimp orange strip. Viola!
- To close the Shrimp Hat around the head make a paper hook in the back or use a piece of tape. Both are better than glue because it will be easier to get the hat off and on!
- If you used glue, be sure to wait until it’s completely dry before wearing the hat!
And viola. You have your very own Shrimp Hat! So what’s the special occasion? Are you planning a shrimp or crawfish boil? Are you celebrating summer! Tell us where you are going to wear the hat in the comments and tag us in any photos!! This hat is too cute to not share.
We hope you love your Shrimp Hat! Cheers to a fun and happy summer.
Let’s Stay Friends!