The holidays are the biggest time of year for any retail business. The statistics are crazy! Over 450 Billion Dollars will likely be spent on gifts this year according to the National Retail Federation. Online alone will account for over 100 billion of that total.
For a handmade, art, craft based business those numbers may be more elusive. Big box retailers spend so much on ads and have insane promotions like dollar TVs. People camp outside overnight and have trampled others to get them.
Now no one in the handmade community wants that kind of atmosphere around their goods. We want thoughtful but fun shopping. Even companies like American Express promotes Small Business Saturday. Shop local is a holiday superpower because it means something to people.
As a festival organizer, I work with small businesses everyday about making the most of our events. I talk to handmade companies about their booth display, their social media, payment apps, EMV, all kinds of stuff. I want for the makers we work with to be successful because if they’re not successful, Pop Shop is not successful.
And we have so much information we want to share with you especially about the holidays. Which is why I wrote the first #crafttalk E-Book How to Make the Most of Your Holidays. You can download it for free here. It’s full of tips and tricks perfect for creative businesses and covers in person sales, Etsy, websites, and working with boutiques.
Here are my favorite Etsy tricks from #Crafttalk Holiday Edition:
1. Black Friday and Cyber Monday are some of the Biggest Sales of the Year. Use them.
2. Tag Your Etsy Shop Items with #blackfriday #cybermonday and #sale
3. Does that sound daunting to add tags to all your items? Use EtsyonSale App (not an affiliate link, I actually love and use EtsyonSale)
4. Add Stocking Stuffer Sized or Stocking Stuffer Priced Items to Your Shop
5. Add a Holiday Section to Your Shop
6. Be Sure that You are Regularly Adding New Items to Your Shop to Keep it Fresh and to Get Return Visitors Excited
I don’t want to overwhelm you with a million tips! But when you are ready for more and you want to get creative business rocking, download the #crafttalk E-Book here. Not only am I really proud of it. It can really help. .