Ahhhh rose. There’s nothing that tastes prettier than this perfect flower. I love floral flavors they are just so soothing and comforting. In addition to rose, I love the flavors of lavender and violet too.
They actually make me feel relaxed and are so perfect for desserts, sweets and afternoon delights! Rose Ice Cream is such a simple way to use rose in a recipe that I just had to make it. The supplies are easy to gather – the flavors of cold creaminess blends so well with rose and it’s the perfect summertime treat. I took a little getaway from my normal obsession of Frozen Yogurt.
So let’s get to making this Rose Ice Cream!
I created this as an easy ice cream recipe but you could also make it into a sweet cream gourmet ice cream like this. It only involves a few extra steps and is totally delicious. But this easy way is just so easy I couldn’t resist!
For this recipe, it’s important to use food grade Rose Water. You will find a lot of rose water that’s meant for external use like as a toner. It’s actually really lovely on your skin and reduces redness. But we need to use food grade. Be sure the bottle specifies that.
From there it’s just a freeze and whip to make this Rose Ice Cream! I used an ice cream maker but you could also freeze this in around 4 hours by keeping it in a freezer safe container and mixing it every 45 minutes.
One of my favorite things with this recipe is to add edible flowers to the finished dessert. They are so pretty and just make this ice cream dreamy. There are lots of flowers that are edible. You can find a chart here.
However you serve it, I hope this Rose Ice Cream keeps you cool!
Rose Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 3/4 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Roses Water more or less, to taste
- Optional: 1 drop Pink Extract
- Combine all ingredients and let sit for a few minutes to allow the sugar to dissolve.
- After the sugar has dissolved, add your ingredients to an ice cream maker, and blend for 30 minutes.
- No ice cream maker? Add your ingredients to a freezer safe container and freeze for 4+ hours. Mix every 45 minutes until frozen.
- Garnish with edible flowers or sprinkles and serve immediately.
Let’s Stay Friends!