Next up? This Fluffy S’mores Cheesecake Dip. it’s so easy, and with just a handful of ingredients and 5 minutes of your time, you’ll be indulging in all your favorite campfire flavors.
Ingredients for Fluffy Smore’s Cheesecake Dip
You’ll want to add these to your grocery list:
- Two 8 ounce packages of cream cheese
- A bar of quality baking chocolate, like ghiradelli
- ¼ cup of powdered confectioner’s sugar
- A box of Golden Grahams cereal
- An 8 ounce jar of marshmallow fluff (aka marshmallow crème)
- A bag of jumbo marshmallows
To Make the S’mores Cheesecake Dip
Melt the bar of baking chocolate in the microwave or on the stove.
Let your packages of cream cheese come to room temperature.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and chocolate.
Spread the mixture in an 8 inch round or rectangular dish.
Wipe mixing bowl out. Then mix together marshmallow cream and the 2nd package of cream cheese.
Crush the Golden Grahams cereal and sprinkle over the top of the chocolate cheesecake layer in the baking dish.
Spread marshmallow mixture over the chocolate cheesecake layer.
Layer jumbo marshmallows over the top of the marshmallow crème.
Set the oven to broil at 500 degrees. When the oven is preheated, place the dip in the oven for just a few minutes, until the top of the marshmallows is toasty and golden. Serve the s’mores cheesecake dip immediately.
You’ve Gotta Have Dippers!
Obviously, you’re going to need some really delicious things to dip into this creamy, fluffy s’mores cheesecake dip.
The first option is pretty obvious: graham crackers, broken into quarters. I do not recommend name-brand (that brand that starts with an H…) because they are suuuuuper brittle. The graham crackers don’t break along the seams into quarters, and when you try to dip them in anything, they just fall apart. I highly recommend the store brand or gluten-free graham-style crackers, because they are much heartier and stronger.
But there are myriad other dippable foods you could serve alongside this dip:
- Fresh fruit, such as strawberries, slices of peaches, apple slices or pineapple chunks
- Sweet crackers of any sort, like graham crackers, cookie thins, Biscoff cookies, or any other slightly sweet biscuit.
- Pretzels or pretzel thins
- Popcorn or caramel corn
My cream cheese isn’t room temperature. Can I microwave it?
The reason you want it room temperature is so that it will mix smoothly into your chocolate and become a creamy base layer for your dip. If you forget to get your cream cheese out ahead of time – and let’s face it, I’m more than likely going to forget – I don’t recommend microwaving it. You can, and I’ve done it in a pinch, but you risk it getting too melted and ruining the texture.
Instead, if your cream cheese is still cold, just whip it in the mixer. Whip and whip and then whip it some more. With room temperature cream cheese, you’d just need to whip it for a couple of minutes. With cold cream cheese, you may need to whip it for 6 or 7 – maybe even more – minutes. But eventually your cold cream cheese will get smooth and creamy. THEN add the melted chocolate to it. Don’t add it until your cold cream cheese is smooth and not-really-cold anymore.
Storing the S’mores Cheesecake Dip
Refrigerate any leftover s’mores dip in an airtight container for up to three days. The jumbo marshmallows on top may get gummy or soft and squishy when they’re refrigerated, so you have a couple of options:
You can just scrape off the jumbo marshmallows and toss them before storing. The leftovers will still taste delicious without them.
Or, you could toss those marshmallows and before serving the leftovers, toast some more marshmallows on the top of the leftovers.
Alternatively, you can just eat the dip with the leftover marshmallows if the texture doesn’t bother you.
Can I Make the S’mores Dip Ahead of Time?
Listen, I am all about prepping ahead of time, especially if you’re making the dip for a gathering. You can make the chocolate cheesecake and marshmallow fluff layers ahead of time, up to 24 hours before. Then, on the day of serving, add the marshmallows and heat under the broiler to toast them.
Fluffy S'mores Cheesecake Dip
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 bar (4 oz) quality baking chocolate
- 1/4 c. powdered confectioner's sugar
- 1 c. Golden Grahams cereal
- 1 container (7 oz) marshmallow fluff
- 1 bag jumbo marshmallows
- Melt bar of baking chocolate on stove or in microwave.
- In bowl of stand mixer, beat 1 package cream cheese, melted chocolate and powdered sugar.
- Spread chocolate mixture in 8 inch baking dish (round or sqaure).
- Crush Golden Grahams cereal by hand and sprinkle over top of chocolate layer.
- Wipe out stand mixer. Add 2nd package cream cheese and marshmallow fluff to bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread marshmallow cream layer over cereal layer.
- Cover top with jumbo marshmallows by laying them in a circle pattern.
- Set your broiler in your oven to low. Broil dip on middle rack for 2-5 minutes, until tops of marshmallows are toasted to your liking. If you want your dip warmer, turn off the oven/broiler and leave the dip in the warm oven for a few minutes before removing.
- Serve immediately with graham crackers, fruit, etc for serving.
Let’s Stay Friends!