This sangria is as pretty as it is delicious! This Blood Orange & Strawberry Sangria uses white wine and seltzer so that you have a pop of fizz with each sip. This is the perfect sangria for the summer. It’s like, fruity, refreshing, and totally delicious!
It’s an easy recipe that you can make on the spot if you are having a party. But you could also batch it out ahead of time and let all the fruit marinade and gather flavor! Whatever you prefer. So let’s get started making it. And if you are just looking for the recipe card, scroll down to the bottom!
First, for this recipe you are going to use blood oranges and strawberries! They are so pretty and make a vibrant red color. You can slice them thin and discard the orange rind edges. Be sure to slice some of the blood oranges small enough to fit in your glass. You could place them on the rim of you glass too!
Now you will want to add your wine and sugar. The amount of sugar you use can vary. I used less sugar than what most people recommend but I don’t like my cocktails too sweet. Make sure your sugar is completely dissolved before serving. But you can serve this sangria on the spot or let it brew. If you decide to let the juices and wine soak together, keep it in the fridge. This brew will last for around 1-2 days.
To serve your Blood Orange & Strawberry Sangria, add ice to your glass, fill the glass about 2/3 sangria, and top with a seltzer of your choice! I had to immediately take mine outside because this Sangria is just so summery. This Blood Orange & Strawberry Sangria just screams backyard picnic! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Blood Orange & Strawberry Sangria Recipe
- 2 Blood Oranges
- 10 Strawberries
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 bottle White Wine
- 1 bottle Seltzer
- Slice your blood oranges and strawberries into thin slices.
- Be sure that you slice your blood oranges in small enough pieces to fit in your glass, or that you can add them to the rim of your glass.
- Add your sliced fruit to a large bowl, top with sugar and the wine.
- Mix gently, without damaging the fruit, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Let marinade in the fridge, or serve fresh.
- To serve: Add ice to a glass, fill two thirds of the glass with Sangria Mix and top off with Seltzer.
- Be sure to add some of the fruit to each glass - Enjoy!
Let’s Stay Friends!