I saw this Whipped Coffee created by a local coffee shop and I immediately knew I had to make it. It’s cute, adorable, and totally fun!
Although I made a traditional version, you could also make a Whipped Matcha Latte that would be so dreamy too. So let’s make it!
About Instant Coffee
A lot of people think that instant coffee doesn’t have caffeine. Well, I am happy to say that it does! Instant coffee can vary in quality quite a bit, but there are some gourmet versions like Starbucks ViaStarbucks Via that I would recommend. The better the instant coffee, the better this Whipped Coffee recipe will be!
The ingredients you whip are just instant coffee, sugar, and boiling water. Sugar, of course, can be varied to taste. I would recommend starting with this recipe as is and then make any adjustments you need when you make this recipe a second and third time.
How to Beat Your Whipped Coffee
Whipping your coffee is a lot like making whipped cream. Use a Kitchen-Aid Mixer or electric mixer and beat on medium. Whipped coffee is a bit faster, as it only takes about 5 minutes, but the texture you are looking for is very similar. Beat the coffee until stiff peaks form.
Once you have beaten your coffee, take a spoon and gently place it on top of a glass of milk. And viola! Your very own and super easy Whipped Coffee!
But we’re not quite done…
A Million Whipped Coffee Variations
Now that we’ve talked about the simple way to make Whipped Coffee, let’s add a little twist. Here are things you can do to make your Whipped Coffee Extraordinary!
1. Add a touch of vanilla bean to the milk to make a Vanilla Whipped Coffee. You could even add a touch of vanilla to the Whipped Coffee too!
2. Warm the milk before serving to make a Hot Whipped Coffee. Don’t top the whipped coffee on the milk if the milk is too hot as it will ruin your whip!
3. Use non-dairy milk in place of regular milk. Don’t like dairy? I’m personally not a fan! Any milk will work but the creamier the better. I would suggest coconut or cashew. Yum!
4. Use matcha in place of coffee. I know I mentioned this in the beginning, but you could make a Whipped Matcha Latte in place of a Whipped Coffee but simply replacing the coffee with matcha! It’s that simple.
So what twists are you going to put on this Whipped Coffee? Tell us in the comments! And if you make one that’s totally gorgeous, be sure to tag us on Instagramtag us on Instagram so we can reshare your creations!
How to Make Whipped Coffee
- 2 Tablespoons instant ground coffee
- 2 Tablespoons sugar can use more or less or a substitute
- 2 Tablespoons boiling water
- 1 cup milk of choice
- In a small mixing bowl combine the instant coffee, sugar, and boiling water.
- Using a whisk or a hand mixer, mix until the mixture lightens in color and becomes fluffy. Continue to whip until it has the texture of whipped cream.
- Add ice to your favorite coffee mug and fill your cup about ¾ the way with milk of your choice.
- Place half of the whipped coffee mixture on top of the milk.
- Serve immediately.
Let’s Be Friends!